Discover application area experts, cross-functional, self-organized, product-based way, same role, collaboration, responsible for delivering backlog items
Development Team description:
- Members of the Development Team are application area experts.
- They should be cross-functional, being able to implement all tasks for each Product Backlog item.
- They are self-organized, finding their own way instead of receiving orders.
- They are aligned with the goal of the project and should always work in a product-based way
- It is highly recommended for members of the Development Team to work full-time on a single project, to stay focused and agile. The composition of the Development Team should not change so often. If there is a need to change team members, then this change should not happen during a Sprint and there will be a short-term decrease in productivity when the composition of the team changes.
- Scrum is mostly effective when there are 3 to 9 Development Team members but for large projects, we can use a scaled model with multiple Scrum Teams. 3.5. Other Roles
- All members should have the same role, and the same title: Development Team member.
- Scrum is completely depended on collaboration and Product Owner. Development Team members should be united and completely aligned with the goal of the project.
Development Team responsibilities:
- Members of the Development Team are responsible for delivering backlog items and managing their own efforts.
- A task might be assigned to a single member throughout the Sprint, but the whole Development Team will be responsible and accountable for that task; no individual owns any task.
- The Development Team delivers the final product of the project in step by step Increments, as defined in the Product Backlog.
- Each Development Team member is responsible for all the outputs created in the Development Team, even though each of them might be focused on a specific set of tasks.